Monday, October 13, 2008

GBTV #0363 (small) | GeekBrief.TV

It's been an extremely slow day for gadget news, so I decided to jailbreak my iPhone today (or, rather, Neal's iPhone). I decided to use iFuntastic, recommended by TUAW. If you have your iPhone plugged in before opening iFuntastic, it immediately recognizes it and all all you have to do is click on "Unshackle", then follow directions. I installed the BSD Subsystem since many third party apps require it, then I got to the fun part and installed Pool, and Twinkle. I kept getting an error with Labyrinth, but it eventually installed. If you do get an error, try "Clear Queue", then try again. Sometimes that helps.

I'll be playing and testing with it, and will keep you updated! Remember, jailbreaking your iPhone or iPod Touch voids the warranty and the geniuses will not help you! Read more

No comments: